Copyright 2009-2014 by Holly K. Austin unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR USE ANY IMAGES FROM THIS SITE WITHOUT PERMISSION!
If you would like to use an image for some purpose, please contact me via the comments feature.

Three Jobs

>> Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I've been badly neglecting this blog lately, though I would argue for good reasons.  My life has been absurdly full, but in excellent ways.

I still, of course, have my career as an environmental attorney.

As of January, I have also been honored to be the President of the Board of the Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation (I had served on the Board for a few years prior to becoming President).  It's an amazing not-for-profit organization, whose mission I believe in heart and soul: "The Matilda Joslyn Gage Foundation is dedicated to educating current and future generations about Gage’s work and its power to drive contemporary social change."  Matilda Joslyn Gage was a suffragist, abolitionist, a progressive human rights visionary, and a passionate activist.  The issues that motivated Gage's life and career are still of fundamental importance today, and being able to help continue her work is deeply satisfying and of utmost importance.

2014 has been a very busy time for the Gage Foundation, as we have been going through a reorganization process to address succession planning, financial planning, and strategic planning. It's involved very long hours by quite a number of dedicated people, but it's all worth it. I am so excited about the future of the organization.

In addition to all THAT hard work, I have also still been a hard-working artist.  It feels at times like I'm juggling three full jobs.  Art, though, feeds my soul, and in some ways gives me the energy to do everything else I do.

I have a new art website up, finally, at http://www.hollykaustin.com/.  Please surf on over!  I also have an upcoming art show, together with my legal colleague Doreen A. Simmons, Esq., during the month of May, at bc Restaurant at 247 W. Fayette Street, in downtown Syracuse.  If you're in the Syracuse area, please hop on over to bc during the month of May for a fantastic meal and some artwork!

1 comments:

Ellen Rathbone October 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM  

You go, girl! Remember to breathe!

Loved seeing Toby's portrait on your new website!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP