Copyright 2009-2014 by Holly K. Austin unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY OR USE ANY IMAGES FROM THIS SITE WITHOUT PERMISSION!
If you would like to use an image for some purpose, please contact me via the comments feature.

Vehicular Vignette

>> Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I am totally behind in putting up posts, yet again, and now they're going to go up out of order, but I am too excited about these pics to wait to post them later.  I'm impatient like that.  Besides, I don't have to look up plants or mushrooms to identify them, like I need to do with a couple of my nature posts that are waiting in the wings.

This past weekend was the Jordan Fall Festival, which is a little local annual event my tiny Village is very proud of.  On the Sunday of the festival each year they have a car show, and this year there were more than 400 cars in it.  I grabbed my camera and my husband and I did a quick tour of it.  I really didn't have time to linger, since I had so many other activities crammed into my weekend.  I hadn't really expected to get photos I would do anything with, but as per my usual, once I started taking photos I got lost in the moment and wound up with a whole bunch of shots. 

Thank goodness for the invention of digital photography - if I had to pay to develop all my photos I would be woefully broke.

I found it hard to resist capturing a little of the character of the show.  There's no doubt that a lot of car enthusiasts have a sense of humor.  I snapped a couple of pictures just because the signs made me laugh:


But then, when I downloaded all my pictures, I was rather tickled some of them.  When I took the shots, I was focusing on just three things: the bright colors, the beautiful old-fashioned lines of the cars, and the reflections in all the shiny paint and chrome and glass.  Some of the photos turned out looking kind of like abstract art.  Others are wonderfully complex because of all that's contained in the reflections, even when they are showing just a tiny snippet of the car.  And the colors and lines I think make for a nice theme.

So, without further ado, my little car show vignette:













































My favorite car in the show - a 1960 MG, British racing green with a tan leather interior.  I am such a sucker for cars with that color combination.  My favorite classic car of all time is a 1950 Jaguar XK 120, in those colors.  Yuuummmy.  But this little beauty was lovely, too.












2 comments:

catharus September 22, 2011 at 7:29 AM  

Some nice shots!

Raining Iguanas October 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Holly, this is my first visit here via Woodswalker's page. "Some nice shots," is a bit weak. "Truck loads of great photographs with a perspective that emits energy and a wide-eyed excitement about the beautiful world that surrounds us would be more precise. Now go escapade yourself dizzy!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP